Although several years have passed since contouring first jumped onto the scene, the contour hype still hasn’t faded. Everyday products are being released to keep up with the demand of the trend as well as new tutorials being uploaded outlining creative ways to achieve a flawless contour. In fact, contouring is more popular than ever and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon.
The Anastasia Beverley Hills Contouring Kit was the first palette of its kind to become available to everyone. Since the release of the first contour kit, contour kits have become a must-have makeup product and a handy kit to own. Various high-street and high-end brands have all added their contouring palette into the mix allowing contour palettes to become accessible for everyone at any budget. With the rise of contouring Youtube tutorials, girls are still trying to create the sculpted look with their favourite contouring products. The ever increasing hits on these videos show that there is still a demand to learn the art of contouring and a demand for the products.
Contouring was once a look that was only popular on photo shoots and with drag queens, however, thanks to the Kardashians it’s become a huge part of girl’s daily makeup routine.
Here are a few hints and tips to help you master the art of contouring:
- When picking your contour, pick one shade darker than your foundation and for your highlight colour, pick one shade lighter than your foundation. This will make sure your contour looks subtle and natural!
- Blending is what can make or break your contour. To blend to perfection, use a damp makeup sponge to help smudge the lines for an airbrushed effect.
- The quickest and easiest way to contour your face is by applying your contour in the number three. Draw a number three down the side of your face, and then blend.
- How you apply your contour depends on your face shape, therefore once you understand your face shape, you’ll be able to apply your contour more effectively!
- If you’ve used a cream contour, finish off your look a loose powder to secure your makeup look.
Love it or hate it, contouring is everywhere. The makeup trend first entered the scene several years ago with the help of the Kardashians, however even in 2017 contouring is still bigger than ever.
If you’re new to the world of contouring then the Anastasia Beverley Hills Contouring Kit is the perfect starter kit. The creamy formula will help you contour, sculpt and highlight to perfection.